Open Orphanage is Open Source software to help manage and fund orphanages. We desire to provide software that will:
- Giving the glory to God, help to link children with sponsors, and securely assist their communication, like Compassion international.
- Help make known different needs of the orphanage and it’s children over time, as well as praising God for the responses received to needs by donors and prayers.
- Help manage newsletters to sponsors.
- Eventually, we also hope to help with processes related to orphanage accountability and adoption.
- Allow orphanages to sign up through the website for free and allow some kind of publicity, we hope to allow people to comment on the orphanage as well.
The Program is currently in an early alpha state and consists of:
- An Android App (we are looking for web and iOS targets as well) to help manage the children.
- A WordPress Plugin as WordPress is a nearly universal and open source way to make excellent websites. WordPress allows great freedom for Orphanages to be creative with their own content and the plugin operates through the uses shortcodes or Gutenberg blocks that allow easy insertion of the children and donation forms into their website.
- This website https://openorphanage.org through which the diverse orphanages can be announced, as well as some rating and accountability made. We are not responsible for the use of this software please be responsibly acquainted with the organizations you choose to work with and please be understanding as many orphan homes run with a heavy level of duress.
Sites in Progress
Coming soon, A Christian lady taking care of dozen’s of children in Pakistan.